Saturday, August 4, 2007

Noosa amalgamation march


As you will all know this march which started off as about a thousand Noosa people coming to Brisbane to present Beattie with a card from their area, grew to over six thousand people from all over the state and as far away as Atherton and Port Douglas, outstanding, the only downside for us was the lack of almost anyone from Beaudesert, so does everyone want this?


I met Vince from RAIDE, Resident Action on Infrastructure, Development and Environment and only one other person from our area that I recognised and it was a surprise to me, This image was provided by Vince, thanks, but how is it that our Mayor and two others can attend such an important display of our anger over having our rights taken away, don't we care?
I fear that unless we can get off our Butts, we are lost.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree that we have to get off our butts and do something! Otherwise events will overtake us all.

I'm in two minds, myself, as to what we should be doing and am afraid that the government will just do what it likes.

First we have to be active. Second there is a need to be active without burning bridges—both in front and behind us.

My plea is to not get angry at blog posters, but at powerlessness and the situation we find ourselves in. We also need to be proposing solutions! Not just rants.

I think that it is good that we have this forum, as well as the other, to do what we can towards better government.

We all deserve good government.

Anonymous said...

At least some shires had the gumption to get motivated and get along to show all of us that thought we were alone in thing this was all wrong, aren't.

I applaud all who attended the march , including Kev Lingard who you must have missed, and our Mayor, and the others, good job.

Anonymous said...

Sorry guys - I didn't even know that the march was on - I work 5 days a week and am out most nights until past 8pm, where was this advertised? HOw were the average joe bloggs supposed to know about it? Put something in the Jimboomba Times and give people enough time to know about it - unfortunately we all have jobs to go to too....maybe they're just richer in Noosa ??